So I’ve been blogging for nearly 5 months now. Blogging is a funny thing because unless readers comment, you have no idea what your audience thinks. Recently I’ve been thinking about not continuing because sometimes it feels like I’m talking to myself. I know I’m not because I do get some very thoughtful comments but on reflection, the reason why I started this blog was to get those random, jumbled thoughts out of my head onto paper so they were…err…out and not clogging my brain so much. Hasn’t worked, but it was a good idea at the time!
But in some small way, I imagine maybe someone will think “well shit, that happens to me” or “hmmm, I’ve thought that”. Most likely, however, people are probably saying “my god this woman is an over-sharer, I wish she’d shut up”!! Actually, that was just my brain saying that. Then I think, well they don’t have to read it. I often have these little conversations in my head. Am I alone in this?
Anyway, here’s a bit more on what my brain is saying:
- Dark chocolate bullets make everything okay
- I love tracksuit pants … so there
- I’m not a big fan of hipster jeans – nor hipsters full stop
- I’m a messy person
- I’m mildly disorganised though I do manage to sign the 4,366 notices that come home with the boys from school each week – I mean year
- G-strings are a blight on society. What is wrong with a visible panty line FFS and why did I just use the word panty – geez
- Leaf blowers are also a blight on society – use a bloody broom
- I’m disappointed that one of my kids said something hurtful to their grandmother on the weekend. More than disappointed, shattered, as I thought he knew better.
- I swear. A lot.
- The more someone is kind to you and treats you well, the more you want to do for them.
- In relation to the point above – do not EVER take advantage of people like that
- Electronic devices make my kids mental
- When I see what single, unencumbered people are doing I feel very envious
- I love watching my boys play team sport
- I’m 45 on grand final day and I still manage not to dye my hair. Yeah, yeah I know the greys are coming through but I’m still traumatised from a botched highlights job which turned my brunette hair platinum blonde in Broome circa 1994
- Speaking of Broome, I’d love to do a roadtrip to Broome. My last roadtrip to Broome ended in divorce but I’ve been much cleverer this time, I haven’t re-married
- I miss Polly, Charlie, Lachie and Josh Clayton who moved back to Sydney early last year
- I’m in awe of my old high school friend Michelle, who has managed not to inflict pain on her soon to be former husband who has treated her APPALLINGLY. I take my hat off to you Michelle; I see amazing things in the future for you free from him.
- I think Julia Gillard has been all poise since taking over the leadership of the country despite what I may think of her policies
- I’m not a big fan of snobs
- I am one hundred percent in favour of increasing our refugee intake because if it was me who had fled the Taliban and arrived in Indonesia, where I would be jailed if I was found; I couldn’t work, and I couldn’t send my kids to school. Where I would have to wait between 10 and 20 years before some country offered to resettle me. But I had a chance of getting on a boat and heading for safety in Australia. What would I do? I would get on that boat.
- If I had enough money, I would pay someone to clean the house, plan our meals, cook said meals and clean up after
- I’m lazy when it comes to domestic chores, though you’ve probably already guessed that
- On that note, I’ll finish with my random thoughts.
I’d love to hear your random thoughts but given I’m talking to myself… 🙂