Following on from my post on Facebook about offering classes in procrastination for efficient people, I thought I’d share some of my deeply entrenched procrastination wisdom. Before I do, here’s the meaning…pro·cras·ti·nate: the act of procrastinating; putting off or delaying or deferring an action to a later time or, I love this definition: To put off doing something, especially out of habitual carelessness or laziness – HELLO!!!
- Twitter. It’s addictive, there’s funny people, there’s people who love sport and footy just like me and it’s the biggest time waster ever. I love it.
- Don’t make lists. Pfffftttt.
- Oh look, shiny thing.
- Television. Second biggest time waster ever. But oh my god, how’s Grey’s Anatomy at the moment? AND you just can’t miss Snog, Marry, Avoid (can you Michelle??) especially when there’s important emails that need to be returned.
- Got a bathroom that needs cleaning?? Nah, how about you sync multi gigabytes from an iPod Touch that hasn’t been sunk (ahem) in a long time (I may be doing this right now)
- Need to study? Write a blog post on procrastination instead.
- Dishwasher needs to be unstacked and clothes taken off the line? Well, how can you do that if The Age online has a story about how Russell misses Danielle…
- Need to cut up some fruit for the kids to eat during basketball training? I know, how about you just finish that chapter of the trashy novel you’re reading.
- Dinner needs to be cooked? Nope, just wait til the guy who works full time comes home so he can cook it. I mean really, he’s so much better than me at cooking the lamb mid loin chops that cost thirty fucking dollars. (Never again by the way, even though they were amazing.)
- And what about school assembly…no wait, that’s procrastinating at its third best.
- Got a work deadline? A cup of tea and a chocolate chip cookie sounds so much more enjoyable.
I think that’s enough for a start. If you need any further ideas, just tweet me or find me on Facebook.